Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Deep Simplicity

I am a lazy bastard.

I have a dirty love affair with T.V. from which i occasionally take a break to wrap myself around my second lover...internet.

I hate this about myself, but through the last 25 years using these things for entertainment and relaxation has become engrained in me. When I'm without it I get so board and restless.

painfully board.

I've been thinking about this a lot and why it is so. I mean, I'm sure people on the prairie didn't get board as easily as me. Does that mean they were more content...happier? Does that fact that I need more and more stuff, greater and greater stimulus, louder and louder voices to occupy my mind and be content?

As if to drive the point home my friend Chris www.kretzu.com/blog posted this video



So now i'm thinking,

mabey progress isn't everything we think it is.



more on this later...i'm getting board.

1 comment:

Chris Kretzu said...

"i'm getting board."

that's what...he said?