Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm falling behind

I generally have trouble going to sleep. I'm not sure why this is but it's been true ever since i got here. And i'm pretty sure it's detrimental to both my physical and mental health. So last night, after the Philly's game was rained out, I forced myself to turn off the light and lay there until uncontiouness found me. it worked.

But this morning i woke up at about 6am, with nothing to do but curse the cold that was scratching at my nose and allow my mind to wander.

Now there is something that you must know about "just woken up" mike. He's generally angry...at everything. This is why I usually just don't talk until about 10. Though while in africa MB found a little trick that would significantly reduce my grump time, food.

But this morning, as i lay there, my mind went over all the things that I need to do still, -read 100 pages - write 3 papers -research said papers - brush my teeth - find friends - figure out what i'm going to do with my life - decided if i want to ever get married (i never said these things made sense) - write a well though out and meaningful blog - shave - get a drink - call my sick grandmother - study for a western civ. test - buy plane ticket home - put on pants!

It was torturous.

And this may be why i have trouble sleeping at night. Somewhere deep within the cacophony that is my subcontious i am trying to avoid these thoughts. So what's the solution...

I'm just going to stop thinking.

(looks around for "The Hills" season 2 dvd)