Thursday, October 2, 2008

This IS genius!!



It is not a secret that I am generally skeptical of anything retail related. Maybe this comes from growing up in the ultra consumer focused Land of L.A. suburbs. Or maybe it's because by nature I am a bit of a contrarian. Either way as soon as a advertisment tells me I NEEEEEEED to buy something, the defenses come up.

Don't try to convince me need something. Actually i probably am better off without it. I DO WHAT I WANT!!! I REFUSE YOU!!!

ya, it's gets dramatic.

But i have 2 vices that get past my radar every time.
1. tattoos/art. I always feel justified in buying this. Mainly because I feel like giving to artists is like donating to the bettering of society. The more art there is in a place the better i feel like it is. Ya, i know there are tons of reason this is not true but were just talking about feeling's here people so take it easy.

2. Music. This one is on the same level as art except that added in is the fact that I really like it and when I discover a new band that others don't know it makes me feel cool.

All this to say, I have recently stumbled upon the genius feature on I-tunes (no plug intended). This thing is really going to be a problem for me. All kinds of music recommended to me based off of songs I already like...dang it...how can i resist.
Sure it's a bit hit or miss, throwing in tracks that I suspect someone paid to have there. Bust still every now and then it leads to an undiscovered gem.

So if the next time you speak to me i am impoverished and humming some heavenly melody you have not heard before...you know why.

No comments: