Tuesday, September 2, 2008

employment hopes



I found this job posting on my school's website. It's for taking care of a little girl (10 years) with some pretty serious disabilities.

Kids, disabilities? I got this gig down. this is what i do. So i am going to meet the familly and the little girl for the first time on Thursday. I was going to go swing dancing...but...sacrifices must be made.

The only hitch, the fact that i'm a guy. I think this really does make them nervous. I understand that. I mean really how many guys want to work with little kids, not to mention little kids with severe developmental disabilities. ya, i get it.

But i like them.

so i hope i can make them feel comfortable enough to decided to hire me. Or that their just extremely desperate. I'll take it either way.

-mike

No comments: