Sunday, September 21, 2008

brother!?


Debie Comacho sent me this photo, and when i first opened it i though to myself, "why did she send me a terribly uninteresting picture of myself." but upon closer inspection i realized...

holy crap! that's not me!

who is this kid? could it be that my parents have by lying to me all these years? That all this time, the jokes from my sisters and my own suspicions have been true...that i'm adopted? Perhaps were twins, separated at birth because our crack addicted mother could not care for us and decided to sell me for a bowl of cereal and another hit of smack?

This would really explain a lot of things. Like why my wrist doesn't work and i can't spell or remember anything (the crack messed up my development), why I still can't find my birth certificate, why my sisters youst to play door step baby and scream "YOUR ADOPTED!!" at me for no apparent reason other then boardroom. any why all my sisters looked like little Japanese dolls when they were born and i was just a little toe headed whitey with a short attention span. It all makes so much sense now.

other then the multiple existential conundrums and confusions that this threw me into, it make me think.

For about the first 4 months that i lived in Corona, about two time a month someone would come up to me asking if i went to (add in random corona high school) and that i looked really familiar to them. Now i know why.

I have now created a whole persona and life for him in my head...more on this later.

-mike

3 comments:

Candice Brouillette said...

THAT IS CRAZY! i totally thought that was you!

nicole said...

hahaha...SO DID I!

Anonymous said...

that kid looks JUST like you!!
even the outfit!
khaki shorts? check.
white shirt? check.
hat? check.
no shoes? got that down.

now i wonder what my 3rd sister you told me about looks like.
Erin O.